The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is responding to an outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a novel (new) Coronavirus and has spread internationally, including in the United States.
Vitreous Retina Macula Consultants of New York (VRMNY) is dedicated to doing our best to provide a safe and healthy environment for our patients and staff. While efforts to contain COVID-19 continue to evolve, VRMNY has taken proactive and voluntary steps to prevent the spread of the disease in our office and community.
During these unprecedented and trying times, all of the physicians and staff at Vitreous Retina Macula Consultants of New York (VRMNY) hope that you and your families have remained safe and healthy.
In that the medical practice of VRMNY provides essential care for vision threatening conditions, we have remained open throughout the pandemic; performing important time-sensitive treatments and managing eye-related emergencies. During this period we have been comprehensively implementing guidelines and procedures to maximize the health and safety of our patients and staff.
During a period when COVID-19 has often overwhelmed hospital-based healthcare facilities, our patients and staff have benefited from VRMNY’s three locations outside of large university hospitals and other multi-specialty medical institutions. While the retinal specialists at VRMNY are pioneers and leaders in the diagnosis and treatment of medical and surgical retinal disease, we are not hospital or university-based. As such, the potential for patients to be exposed to COVID-19 while in our offices is greatly reduced.
The VRMNY physicians and staff understand the safety concerns that our patients may now have regarding visiting a doctor’s office. Although our patients’ vision health has historically been our top priority, we recognize that our patient’s physical and emotional well-being are equally important.
To that end, VRMNY will continue our daily efforts to help patients feel comfortable, safe and secure in returning to our three offices.
All necessary precautions to protect patient safety and the safety of our dedicated team members are being taken. Some of these steps include:
1. All of our doctors and staff will continue to wear masks at all times and all appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be utilized.
2. Thorough dis-infection procedures are being performed in every exam room after every patient. Air filters have been installed in the waiting area and exam rooms, as well as transparent shields at the front desk and in the exam rooms.
3. Appropriate social distancing measures are being adhered to within the office.
4. All patients are contacted within 24 hours of their appointment to be screened for COVID-19 and COVID-19 related symptoms over the phone. Patients with active or questionable symptoms are not allowed into the office.
(It is important that patients provide accurate contact numbers to our office when scheduling their appointments. If VRMNY is unable to confirm your appointment and perform COVID-19 screening over the phone, after two attempts, we may need to cancel your appointment to accommodate another patient to ensure patient flow.)
5. Upon arrival to any of our offices, patients are screened in our lobby for COVID-19 symptoms and temperatures are checked. Patients who have symptoms or fevers are not be allowed into the office and will be referred to their primary medical care doctors.
6. All patients must wear a protective face covering upon arriving to our office.
7. Only patients will be allowed into the office. An exception may be made for a patient requiring significant assistance.
8. The strictest standards are being utilized and may evolve as appropriate and per New York State and CDC Guidelines.
One of the most professional, knowledgeable and yet friendly team of doctors and professionals in NYC. I have never had my eyes examined so thoroughly and feel so much better knowing that my eyes are in good hands. Dr Klein himself attends to almost all patients and the level of attention and care is phenomenal.
1. Please bring and wear a face (nose/mouth) covering.
2. Please do not bring anyone with you into the office. (Drivers and family members should wait outside or in the car.) Exceptions will be made on a limited basis; please inform us of your needs in advance of your appointment via a phone call.
3. To allow for appropriate social distancing in the waiting rooms, we request that you to arrive within 10 minutes of your appointment. If you are delayed for any reason, please kindly reschedule your visit. Exceptions will be made if we can safely accommodate you.
4. Upon your arrival, and prior to entering our office, a trained VRMNY team member will check your temperature and ask you about COVID-19 related symptoms. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
5. Our appointment schedulers will inform you of the appointment time slots that are available to you for your physician. We appreciate your understanding that, for your health and safety, your preferred timing of appointment may not be available.
The physicians and staff at VRMNY are firmly committed to the health and safety of our patients and their loved ones. These goals are our top priority.
Please feel free to contact us with any concerns or questions with regards to your upcoming office visit. Our staff will be happy to assist you.
Let us help you enjoy your lifeCall: (212) 861-9797
To Speak With An Appointment Coordinator Now